Women of Strength support groupSeptember 12, 2017
FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TO AN EMPOWERED FUTURE
An 8 week support group for women who have experienced an abusive relationship.
RUNS EACH WEDNESDAY FOR 8 WEEKS
25/10/2017 – 6/12/2017
10.00AM – 12.00PM
Cost: Gold coin donation
Is more than abuse. It deprives a woman of her basic human rights through degradation, disempowerment and exploitation. It cultivates anxiety and despair, leaving her confused and fearful. It is present on 1 in 4 relationships and is much more common than people think.
There are seven forms of abuse:
- Physical abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Social abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Financial abuse
- Spiritual abuse.
- Learn about the dynamics of an abusive relationship
- Improve your self-esteem
- Reduce self-blame
- Gain a better understanding of yourself and relationships
- Increase your sense of control over your life
- Explore available options for deciding the future
- Meet with other women in similar situations.
For more information contact Denise at our Waitara Family Centre on (02) 9488 2400.