New program – Step Into WorkMay 17, 2018
Step Into Work is a program specially designed for women who want to find meaningful paid work – whether you are seeking employment for the first time, or wish to return to the workforce.
The sessions are led by Step into Work Inc. volunteers with expertise in human resources/recruitment, coaching, planning and stress management.
The program covers practical areas including:
- Matching values, skills and interests to types of work
- Searching and applying for jobs
- Preparing resumes and cover letters/emails
- Communication skills and interview techniques
It also focuses on building life skills and confidence needed when entering or returning to paid employment:
- Managing the family and work life balance
- Relaxation and stress management
- Developing personal networks and using them effectively
- 5 weekly sessions in small, supportive groups
- Sessions start at 10.00am and run for 2.5 hours
Where: Naremburn Family Centre – 40 Merrenburn Avenue (please note there is only access to the training room via stairs)
When: Wednesday’s 8 August – 5 September 2018 (5 week program) | 10.00am – 12.30pm
Bookings: Send an email to email@example.com or call (02) 8425 8700.