Family Day Care – a home away from homeApril 23, 2021
Family Day Care for many working parents is the next best thing to being at home themselves with their children. It is less formal than a childcare centre, with supervised care for children being provided in the private homes of licensed educators. It is often thought of as a home away from home.
Children are able to form genuine long lasting bonds with their carer – qualified and passionate early childhood educators.
Each of our educators has been carefully selected and are all qualified Early Childhood professionals. We have a whole team dedicated to Family Day Care providing continuous support, mentoring and compliance checks.
If you are after a one-to-one relationship for your child, family day care is a great fit.
Other benefits include:
- Children are nurtured in small group settings with educators caring for a maximum of 4 children at a time.
- Children are cared for in a homely environment and have the consistency of the same nurturing educator each time they are in care, aiding in the process of settling and belonging to their environment.
- Provides children with the opportunity to engage in their care environment via a more personalised and targeted program tailored to each child’s individual interests and developmental needs.
- Provides families with flexible hours and care arrangements.
- Hourly fees start from $10.20 (this can vary from educator to educator).
- Our services are Child Care Subsidy (CCS) approved.
Our educators encourage introductory sessions for new children to familiarise themselves with the carer and the environment.
Family day care offers flexible arrangement options such as:
- Full-time care
- Part-time care
- Casual care
- Emergency care
- Weekend care
- Overnight care
- Before and after school care
- Vacation care
- Siblings cared for together.
If your needs change, your family day care educator will do their best to accommodate your needs. The close relationship between educator and family ensures that the interests of your child and family are our priority!
Our Family Day Care educators are in a wide range of suburbs in the Hornsby and Hills areas. We currently have educators in the following suburbs:
- Asquith – Peats Ferry Road, Hyacinth Street
- Berowra – Warrina Street
- Castle Hill – Bellwood Place
- Cherrybrook – Torrens Place, Gumnut Road, Jennifer Place
- Galston – Mid Dural Road
- Hornsby – Mildred Avenue
- Normanhurst – Huddart Avenue
- Thornleigh – Gilgandra Avenue, Lovett Street
- Wahroonga – Isis Street, Myra Street
- Waitara – Yardley Avenue
One happy mum shares her thoughts here:
Skye started Family Day Care at six months old and goes 5 days a week. It’s important to me that Skye spends her time in a caring and nurturing environment where she can learn and grow. Our educator Clare patiently and lovingly guides Skye’s physical and emotional development and always prepares a variety of activities for the children to learn different skills and explore their interests. Clare communicates well, works collaboratively with us and helps us maintain consistency between home and care.
National Family Day Care Week is is celebrated this year from 3 – 9 May and is integral in raising the image and profile of family day care. The annual celebration generates nationwide media, highlighting the many unique benefits of family day care and positioning our sector as a high quality, flexible early childhood education and care option for Australian families.
If you would like to receive more information, enquire about vacancies or book an introductory session, please contact us.
Family Day Care
P: 0448 239 863 or 0417 270 634
All educators operate under the Education & Care Services National Law and Regulations.