Introducing our Allied Health and Therapy ServicesMarch 26, 2020
Did you know that roughly 45 percent of Australians will experience mental illness in some form at one point in their life? For these people, getting access to therapy services and allied health was once very challenging with many facing multiple hurdles. But, with the introduction of Allied Health and Therapy Services at CatholicCare, we’re making it easier than even before for people to get the care they need, when they need it.
You can find our therapy services teams in Tuggerah and Gosford, and we offer several exclusive services like speech pathology, counselling and NDIS behaviour support, living skills and therapeutic supports. We believe this is extremely important because one in five (20 percent) of Australian youth will experience a mental illness in any given year.
At CatholicCare, we have a raft of practitioners with a broad range of expertise and skills that can successfully help adults, children and youth thrive during every life stage. We’ll work to connect you to a professional in your community that meets your unique needs. The goal is to give you all of the tools you need to live a fulfilling life.
Additionally, we allow people to refer themselves, and we accept third-party referrals from NDIS plans, Medicare Care Plans and other services. We also offer a limited number of subsidised sessions, but these are subject to eligibility.
We’re excited to offer Allied Health Services to our clients to help them overcome any obstacles they may have and go on to lead happy, healthy and productive lives. Our services include:
- Assessments – We can perform a range of assessments including family, communication, psychological, occupational therapy, sensory, and more.
- Treatment Planning – Planning for treatment can be a terrifying and confusing time if you attempt to do it on your own. Our staff are here to help guide you through the treatment planning process and set you up for success.
- Counselling – Having a trained and skilled counsellor on your side can help you sort through any problems. They’ll listen to your concerns and help you find solutions. Counselling sessions can run weekly or more often.
- Speech Pathology – If you need help with speaking, understanding language, reading, pronunciation, stuttering, writing or developing social skills, speech pathology covers all of these areas.
- Occupational Therapy – This type of therapy treats disabled, ill or injured people through everyday activities. Our occupational therapists can help you recover, develop or improve the skills you need to live, go to school or go to work.
- Social Work – A good social worker is an advocate for people who can’t speak for themselves.
- Psychological Services – Anyone facing psychological issues can use our range of consultation, educational, treatment, and diagnostic services to help understand and overcome them.
- Group/Individual Therapy – Therapy sessions allow you to talk about your problems either in a group or with a one-on-one session. You’ll get useful feedback and insights.
- Child Play Therapy – Child play therapy makes it possible for children to get the help they need in a familiar and comforting therapy session conducted through play.
- Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder and Disability Services – Family members that needs help with pervasive development disorder, autism or other disability services will find all of the resources and tools they need with CatholicCare.
Don’t wait any longer. If you or a loved one needs allied health or therapy services, CatholicCare has the resources available.
iMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE:
Due to the social isolation recommendations and an encouragement for people to remain away from public places, we have made the hard decision to suspend our face-to-face therapy services at this time.
Where people are already engaged in services, your practitioner will contact you to confirm if it is possible to conduct sessions over the phone or video conferencing (eg. Facetime, Zoom, Skype etc).
We have packs that can be available to allow most face to face therapies to continue via video link, and assist people in practicing techniques in the home. If not, then alternatives will be discussed such as suspending services temporarily, and resuming as soon as it is advisable to do so.
Medicare rebated services are available in some cases, and we are able to invoice for sessions so payments are easy and your services can continue. We are committed to making sure everyone has access to the services they need and thank you for your understanding at this time.
Contact us today to find out more.