Financial Counselling Services
We provide free, independent and confidential financial counselling to anyone having difficulties managing money. We have offices in Artarmon, Brookvale and Ryde. This service is funded by the NSW Office of Fair Trading and the Commonwealth Department of Social Services.
Our Financial Counsellors can help you prepare a budget or money plan, manage your debts, set realistic financial goals, understand your rights, and if needed negotiate with creditors.
It’s always best to seek help early before your problems get out of control. Financial counselling can help you relieve stress, resolve immediate problems and plan for the future. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you are experiencing financial difficulties – it’s smart to ask for help and this is our area of expertise.
Our door is always open and this service is available to everyone.
Our services are free and it’s always best to seek help early before your problems get out of control.
Financial counselling can help you relieve stress, resolve immediate problems and plan for the future.
Our Financial Counsellors:
- Listen in a non-judgemental and caring manner
- Analyse and assess your financial situation
- Give you information about credit and debt issues
- Help you develop a plan to improve your situation
- If appropriate, act as an advocate for you and negotiate with the people you owe money to
- Refer you to other services if necessary
- Provide information on bankruptcy and assist you to explore alternatives.
And we’ll involve you in the process as much as possible.
A video explaining financial counselling is available here.