Based in Gosford and Tuggerah our Therapy Services team offers counselling, speech pathology, occupational therapy, specialist behaviour support, psychology and social work.
Our practitioners have a range of skills and expertise to suit children, youth and adults across every stage of their lives. We have strong networks across our communities and are happy to connect you to the right professionals so you can live meaningful happy lives.
We also provide non-accredited training in trauma and critical supports, behaviour support strategies, grief and loss, communication and more.
People can self refer, or we accept third party referrals from other services, including Medicare Care Plans and NDIS Plans. These services do attract a fee, which can be offset through Medicare. For special circumstances we do have a limited number of subsidised sessions available with a current Medicare Care Plan from a GP and subject to eligibility criteria. Please call us to discuss.
MORE INFORMATION & BOOKINGS:
Therapy Services Referral
M: 0435 782 995 (Monday to Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm)
Helping you, and your loved ones, live happy fulfilling lives
Our Therapy Services
We know life’s not always smooth sailing! We are here to help you, and your loved ones, live happy fulfilling lives. Here we explain our services.
It’s no secret that more and more people are feeling overwhelmed by life. Some are experiencing the effects of trauma or abuse. We can help.
Issues with speaking and communicating can really affect the quality of a person’s life. But in most instances a Speech Pathologist can assist.
You may have heard the term behaviour support. It’s not just a buzzword! It can be a pathway to achieving a happy, fulfilling life.
We also provide the following services. Please click on the down arrows on the right for more information.
We support children, teens and young adults with:
- Understanding language
- Social skills
We provide services for children and adults.
With specialties in trauma counselling, positive behaviour support, communication supports, disabilities, sensory support and wellbeing, we offer both standard and tailored solutions designed to help you, or your loved ones, live positive fulfilling lives.
What we offer:
- Psychological, Communication, Sensory, Occupational Therapy, Needs and Strengths Based, Capacity & Family Assessments
- Treatments such as counselling, child play therapy, psychological interventions, group and individual services
- Early intervention groups
- Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder and Disability Services
- Critical incident debriefing
- Vicarious trauma assessment and supports
- Report writing
- Consultation on behaviour support, therapeutic practice and wellbeing initiatives
- Non-accredited training.
Our friendly Therapeutic Team sees adults and young people aged 11 and up. However, if you need support for a child under 11 years, please reach out as we do offer Play Therapy and can connect you with other CatholicCare specialists.
We help people:
- Understand their thoughts and behaviours
- Improve their wellbeing
- Develop strategies to deal with problems that weigh them down
- Meet their goals, reduce their stress levels, manage negative thoughts, sleep better and feel good about themselves.