ONE-OFF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
If you are overwhelmed by your situation we can help. Emergency relief provides immediate financial and/or material support to people in financial crisis. We offer one-off assistance such as:
- Food and transport vouchers
- Part-payment of utility account/s
- Referrals to other services that help to address underlying causes of financial crisis.
Our aim is to help individuals and families out of their situation with immediate relief and referrals to other services that can assist you and/or your family. All individuals and families are assessed to ensure that they receive services that can assist to alleviate their situation.
Contact our Emergency Relief Worker for more information or for an assessment.
WORK & DEVELOPMENT ORDERS
Work and development orders (WDO) are made by the Revenue NSW to allow eligible clients to reduce their fines through unpaid work with an approved organisation and through certain courses or treatment. Clients can satisfy their fine debts through voluntary work, financial and other counselling, mental health treatment, and/or educational activities.
You are eligible if you:
- Have a mental illness, intellectual disability or cognitive impairment
- Are homeless
- Have a serious addiction to drugs, alcohol or volatile substances
- Are experiencing financial hardship.
CatholicCare is an approved sponsor to support WDO activity. Contact us for more information.