After-Hours Response Team
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AFTER HOURS RESPONSE
The Northern District DVRE team provides after-hours crisis support to women and children who have left a violent relationship, or who are wanting to leave. Our after-hours team is open 365 evenings a year and can assist women and children with:
- Emergency accommodation
- Face-to-face visits from our after-hours staff when it is safe for us to do so
- Emotional and counselling supports
- Practical items such as food, clothing, toiletries and baby items
- Safety planning information and useful contacts
- Interpreting and translating services
- Follow-up support from a specialist domestic violence caseworker
- Housing assistance and advocacy
- Applying for AVO’s and court support
- Access to specialist domestic violence services including counselling,
groups and victim’s services
- Help with visas and immigration referrals
- Assistance with applying for payments
- Support services for children.
We help women and children leave domestic violence and build a strong support network and achieve safe and positive lives.
Any organisation can refer women wanting to leave a domestic violence relationship to our service. We also welcome women to call us directly if they would like our assistance.
For more information contact:
Business hours: (02) 9488 2400 (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm)
After hours: (02) 9488 2580 (Monday to Sunday 5.00pm – 10.00pm)
MULTI-SYSTEMIC THERAPY CARE AND NEGLECT(MST-CAN) AFTER HOURS RESPONSE
MST-CAN works with youth aged 6 – 17 years and their families who have come to the attention of Family & Community Services. MST-CAN’s mission is to keep families together, ensure child safety and prevent abuse and neglect, and reduce mental health issues.
MST-CAN service users will be given an after hours phone number to contact in crisis situations.