Step into Work & Dress for Success – an empowering collaborationNovember 7, 2018
Step Into Work is a 5 week program facilitated by qualified and experienced volunteers from Step Into Work Inc. Facilitators come from professional human resources and recruitment backgrounds.
The program looks at matching values, skills and interests to types of work, support and skill building in searching and applying for jobs, preparing resumes and cover letters, communication skills and interview techniques.
On completion of the program CatholicCare was able to coordinate a partnership between Step Into Work and Dress for Success who provided a final session where the women were fitted with a professional work ready outfit that they could take home.
These great initiatives provide not only an opportunity for women to learn different skills, it’s so much more than that. It gives women the opportunity to develop social connections, to reduce their sense of isolation, to share laughs and tears, to develop their life skills, confidence and to feel empowered so they can succeed in work and in life!
Some comments from recent participants:
- “Strongly recommend this group. A big support and helped finding the right job for me and how to deal with that.”
- “It was nice to see people in the similar situation as me and also great to get advice from ladies who have experience.”
- “It helped me to build my confidence about going back to the workforce after a long period.”
- “I’m so happy that I attend the classes. Really helpful and I’ve learnt a lot.”
- “I’m very thankful for being able to participate in this course. It’s great to have these resources and tools to help us and guide us to better ourselves.”
- “The information provided is really useful and the facilitators are really knowledgeable and helpful.”
For more information email our Naremburn Family Centre on email@example.com.
by Michelle Comito
Coordinator, Family & Youth Support Services
Naremburn & Northern Beaches Family Centre