What you can expect from us
As a person-centred organisation, CatholicCare has people at its heart. We believe you should have a say in the support you receive and we empower you to make decisions that will enable you to live a positive and fulfilling life. We’re all about you.
- We treat you as an individual
- We treat you as and take your views into account wherever this is possible
- We treat you with fairness
- We keep what you tell us confidential unless we are required by law to tell someone else
- We show respect for your intrinsic value and your right to human dignity
- We will stand up for you and others with similar experiences, to bring about a more just world
- We assist you regardless of your race, religion, sexuality, cultural background, personal beliefs or disability
- We give you clear explanations. We will tell you exactly what we are going to do, when we are going to do it and what we expect of you
- We will provide you with relevant information to your specific needs.
- We keep our word
- We are transparent and open in our processes and communication to you and you circle of support.
- We will prioritise services where possible in times of crisis.
- We will coach you in working with the NDIA.
- We deliver our services on time
- We assist you to be independent and not rely on us, and develop decision making skills for yourself
- We help you bring out the best in yourself
- If we cannot help, we will tell you and find someone else who will be able to do so.
- We will connect you with other support agencies and service providers when needed to enhance your level of support.
- We will provide supports that enhance your participation in the mainstream community.
CatholicCare helps you set up the supports stipulated in your NDIS plan.
Our client engagement team will do so by ensuring you understand your NDIS plan, its limits, flexibility and capabilities. This includes explaining to you the specific language use by the NDIA to refer to your budgeted supports.
After this, we will provide you with information about suitable service providers that you can engage to execute your NDIS plan. The team will also help you address difficulties that you may experience when setting up your services.
In order to ensure you are truly supported, we will keep track of how your network of supports perform. Overtime we may provide suggestions about how to improve its set up to ensure a smooth running of service for you.
Our goal is to ensure you get the most out of your NDIS plan and that the supports in place are truly suitable to your needs.