In Home Care
In Home Care is a flexible form of early childhood education and care where an approved educator provides care in the child’s home. In Home Care is available to children who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The child, or another child living in the home, has an illness or disability
- The child’s parent or guardian has an illness or disability
- The child lives in a rural or remote area
- The child’s parent/s or guardian/s work hours are outside standard hours during which no other approved child care service can provide care
- The parent or guardian is caring for three or more children (including the child) who have not yet commenced school.
In Home Care services have a capped number of places which is allocated by the Department of Education and Training. Consequently, not all families meeting the eligibility criteria will receive a place and/or the full number of hours of care for which they apply.
Some families may be eligible to claim government assistance with fees including child care benefit and child care rebate. Fee assistance can be paid directly to the service or to the parent.
- Child care benefit is a means tested assistance which is paid per hour of care
- Child care rebate is 50% off fees (after other assistance has been deducted)
Benefits of In Home Care
- Care in the child’s home
- Flexible hours and/or days
- Care for siblings together
- Individual attention
- Stimulating play-based learning
- Close relationships with the educator
The Coordination Unit provides support for In Home Care children, families and educators. This unit is made up of a team of very experienced and qualified staff who are employed by CatholicCare to manage the service and to provide support and monitoring of the care.
Coordination Unit staff manage the payment of government fee assistance including child care benefit and child care rebate. They also visit your child/ren and the educator to monitor the care provided and also to monitor your child’s development and learning. Parents can contact the staff at any time to discuss all aspects of your child’s care.
In Home Care Officer
P: (02) 9488 2412 or (02) 9488 2400