Become an educator
Why be a family day care educator?
- Be your own boss and work from your own home
- Flexible work hours
- Enjoy the benefits of working with a small group of children
- Great job satisfaction in planning and implementing programs for a small group of children
- Create long lasting relationships with families
- Potential to earn more than working in a centre based service.
Who suits this type of work?
Our service is committed to providing high quality care for children in a home environment. We are interested in recruiting people who:
- Are committed to the safety and rights of children
- Establish practices which ensure the safety and wellbeing of every child in care
- Can develop and maintain a safe, stimulating environment for children
- Conduct their business as a professional child care service by acting in an ethical and professional manner
- Ensure ongoing consultation with the families of the children in their care
- Work cooperatively with the Coordination unit to ensure the best outcomes for children and their families
- Will abide by the legal requirements outlined in the Education and Care Services National Regulations and Waitara Family Day Care Carer’s Agreement
- Will adhere to the scheme’s Policy and Procedures
- Participate and be committed to the National Quality Framework process
- Are committed to professional development
- Enrol and complete Certificate III in Children’s Services.
The recruitment process to become an educator is quite detailed. Simply applying does not guarantee that you will be accepted. As with any job application there is a comprehensive screening and assessment process for recruitment of educators.
Why choose our scheme?
- Be part of a well established, high quality scheme that has been in operation for over 40 years
- High levels of support and training from very experienced coordination unit staff
- A local scheme with local knowledge
- Coordination unit staff are always close by to attend educator’s homes in an emergency
- Whether your home is big or small we will assist you in creating a fantastic learning space
- Be part of a large organisation with access to a wide range of services for both the educator and their families. Refer to our website here.
Further information links
- Bushfire RFS – property search for bush fire prone identification. LINK.
- FDCA insurance. LINK.
- NSWFDC. LINK.
- Educators living in rental properties. LINK.
- ACECQA – National Quality Framework, Law & Regulations. LINK.
- Office of the Children’s Guardian – Working with Children’s Check. LINK.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW:
Family Day Care Coordination Unit
P: (02) 9488 2412 or 9488 2572