St Brendan’s Early Learning Centre, Lake Munmorah
We pride ourselves on providing a service that is distinctively welcoming. Our learning environment is naturally beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. Soft furnishings, a relaxed quiet atmosphere, smiling faces and a listening ear create a positive environment where children develop trust, feel safe, and are happy and content.
Our Lake Munmorah Early Learning Centre is a haven for creativity, fun, laughter and enjoyment. We value a routine that is relaxed and flexible and responds to children’s aspirations. We believe that children have an unquenchable curiosity and are intrigued by anything and everything. They are eager explorers with an intense desire to make sense of their world.
We respect and value all children for their unique qualities, individuality, diversity, interests, abilities and characteristics. We aim to support children as they begin their educational journey so they can grow and develop into strong and confident beings.
We are a purpose-built preschool on the grounds of St Brendan’s Catholic Primary School. We have an outstanding reputation amongst our families, other services and educational institutions within the local area.
We pride ourselves in providing a safe environment, where play and discovery provides opportunities for children to explore new interests, problem solve and think creatively. Our playground is engaging and has lots of room to explore. We have lots of plants, a vegetable and herb garden and a huge, sheltered sandpit. Other features include a mud pit, water pump with creek bed, large soft fall area and covered paved areas for quieter activities.
- We cater for children aged 3 – 6 years.
- Our preschool hours are 7.45am – 3.15pm during the school term.
- We also have an extended hours room which is open 7.30am – 5.30pm (50 weeks per year).
- We support families and children from varying ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds.
- We welcome children with additional needs.
- We welcome enrolments from all areas of the Northern Central Coast regardless of your religious beliefs or the primary school your child will attend.
Coordinator, Lake Munmorah ELC
29a Carters Road
LAKE MUNMORAH NSW 2259
P: (02) 4358 1102
Our Lake Munmorah ELC is a haven for creativity, fun, laughter and enjoyment ...
We offer three spacious air-conditioned playrooms for the children:
- Alkira: Offers a program centred on the needs of children who are 3- 4 years old. The program incorporates toilet training (if required), caters to the interests of this age group and is sensitive to children that have not been without mum or dad before.
- Kityekana: Caters for children who are 4- 5 years old and offers a program centred on the needs of children the year before they attend kindergarten.
- Palari: This extra playroom which is utilised for additional play space, information technology and music/movement time.
Each of our rooms are set up to foster imagination and creativity. Children can engage in art, construction, role play, computers, puzzles, science, maths, literacy and more all the while being supported and encouraged by caring and educated staff.
Our program is underpinned by the principles, practices and learning outcomes outlined in the National Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). The framework places emphasis on the significance of play-based learning and the importance of building strong relationships with children, families and the community.
Curriculum areas such as literacy, numeracy, arts, science, technology, physical education, as well as spirituality and stewardship are not singled out to be taught at certain times. Instead they are integrated into all aspects of our day and within the context of play.
All our permanent staff are University trained teachers or TAFE Diploma qualified and hold many years of experience.
Our staff are enthusiastic, dedicated, passionate and highly motivated taking inspiration from each other, always sharing ideas, roles and responsibilities, discussing options, and working as a team to provide a stimulating environment and welcoming atmosphere for all families. As qualified and professional educators we have a vast knowledge of child development and the program we offer is responsive and reflective of the children’s individual learning styles.
We encourage the children to explore and investigate the environment and activities around them. Their discoveries and excitement in achievements are shared with their peers and families through photographs, personal learning journals and the preschool ‘blog’.
The transition process begins the first day that your child commences and throughout their time with us, we establish a solid foundation for their future schooling life and educational outcomes.
Located on the grounds of St Brendan’s Primary school, our children have many opportunities to familiarise themselves with a school environment by participating in many whole school events such as the Easter hat parades, athletics carnival, cross country, walkathon, school assemblies and Book Week parades.
We facilitate readiness to achieve early learning outcomes through visits to the St Brendan’s Primary School kindergarten classrooms where we play, share stories, and engage in learning experiences with the current kindergarten children. With the support of St Brendan’s Primary School we also use THRASS – a specific pedagogical practice for the teaching of literacy.
Along with a strong emphasis on social and emotional competence we always have a broad focus on child development that prioritises ability and motivation to learn, over and above specific knowledge.
CatholicCare welcomes enrolments from all children ages 3 – 6 from our community.
To enrol, simply complete the Expression of Interest and either email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it back into the preschool.
Families are also welcome to contact the Coordinator for further information or to arrange a tour of the preschool and an opportunity to meet our educators.
Fees are as follows:
Every effort is made to keep our fees as low as possible. As we are a non-profit centre all money goes back into our preschool to assist in covering costs and providing quality resources, equipment and education. The children of our preschool are our shareholders and reap the benefits.
- 3 years: $34 per day
- 4+ years: $26 per day (children who have turned 4 before 31st July of their year of attendance)
- Equity fee: $10 per day
*Based on 2 days attendance
What are equity fees and how do I apply?
Funding for equity fees is provided by the NSW Department of Education to assist low-income families to meet the cost of preschool. If you have a low income health care card you may be eligible for a reduction in your preschool fees.
The Early Learning Centre Coordinator is registered as a Registered Carer. Some families may be eligible to claim Child Care Benefit if you meet the required work assessment. Families will need to investigate their eligibility through the Family Assistance Office.
- A broad brimmed or legionnaire style hat to protect your child’s face, ears, neck and back during outdoor play.
- Clothing must be sun safe and cover the children’s shoulders, back and stomach. Singlets and sleeveless tops are not recommended.
- Clothing needs to be suitable to the weather and allow for messy, explorative play. Please do not send your children in good clothes as it restricts their play and interactions.
- Preferred footwear includes joggers, slip on shoes and sandals (no thongs).
- You will need to pack a healthy and nutritious morning tea and lunch plus a drink bottle with water. Healthy food ideas include sandwiches, yoghurt, crackers, vegetables, fruit and cheese. Do not send chocolate of any kind (including milo and nutella products), lollies, chips, rollups, juice or fizzy drinks.
- Please note we are a nut free service. Depending on individual children we may need to restrict other foods at certain times.
- 8 nappies if applicable.
- Sheets/pillow/blanket if your child requires a rest.
This is where you will find us. Pop your address into the map to get directions. We look forward to welcoming you to our Centre.