Home Care Packages
I AM INTERESTED IN SUPPORT SERVICES AT HOME
Many older Australians are eligible for a Home Care Package through the Commonwealth Government scheme, to substantially subsidise the cost of getting the extra help you need to maintain independence and vitality. This is a range of Government funding that steps up as your support needs increase.
WHAT IS A HOME CARE PACKAGE?
People over 65 years of age can apply to My Aged Care to access a Home Care Package. The Home Care Package is government provided funding that you can access to pay for services to keep you living in your own home happily and safely.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
CatholicCare will help you understand your options when applying for and maximising the benefits of a Home Care Package. We partner with our clients to find the best solutions possible. We’ll listen and help you decide on the services that best meet your individual needs. Matching the right locally based care workers and supports for you is paramount and we put a lot of focus on making sure we get that right.
Your package will be managed with dignity and choice. We will work with you to develop a budget and keep you up-to-date on how you are tracking. You will have a dedicated case manager to help you plan, respond to any questions and check how you are going. Whether your care is in the form of a Government package (Level 1, 2, 3 or 4) or is privately funded, we can help you determine which services are right for you. If you are on the waitlist, looking for a provider or unsure how to navigate the Aged Care system, our Home Care Package specialists are happy to assist you.
HOW DO I ACCESS GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES CARE?
WHAT CAN A HOME CARE PACKAGE ASSIST WITH?
- General household assistance including housekeeping, meal preparation and shopping
- Support maintaining your yard and garden
- General handyman tasks and home modifications
- Help with showering and hygiene
- Transport to and from appointments, social events and activities
- Clinical care including nursing, physiotherapy and more
- Art and dance therapy
- Help to maintain your brain health through our Memory Innovations Centre
- Companionship and someone to laugh with
- TeleHealth consultations and appointments
- Respite for carers to take a break from their role … and more.
For more information:
P: (02) 9488 2659