- Waitara Location
- Part time position, 12 month contract
- Salary packaging options
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
This position exists to provide high quality relationship and family counselling, duties include:
- Counselling intake, screening suitability for counselling and making appropriate referrals to other services.
- To provide quality therapeutic services to clients with complex trauma histories and domestic violence and family violence.
- To provide advocacy for children and young people in the context of their relationship with their parents.
- To provide family therapy to children, young people and their families following separation and divorce.
- To provide therapy to clients within complex external systems (FaCS, Family Court, schools, mental health, child protection, domestic violence).
- Facilitating high quality group work programs.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating community education programs.
We are looking for applicants with extensive experience in therapeutic care, working with children and young people who have experienced trauma or abuse; applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with our own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice.
Essential to this role is experience in relationship counselling of individuals, couples, children/young people and families. You will hold tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Psychotherapy or Psychology. You will also have:
- Current membership of relevant professional body (eg. PACFA, ACA, APS).
- Minimum three years’ previous experience in paid position.
- Post graduate study in family therapy, couples therapy, child/adolescent or specialized individual areas.
- Demonstrated competence in working within a trauma informed care framework.
- Experience working with children/young people in a therapeutic setting preferably with family law matters.
- Experience in group work facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, write, deliver ad evaluate group programs.
- Knowledge regarding safe practice (e.g. in domestic violence situations, child protection).
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Current NSW driver’s licence is desirable.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits where you can receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
To apply please review the position description below and forward your CV and letter outlining your suitability for the role to Stacey Admiraal at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9488 2400 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Friday 4 May 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.