TEACHER – PART TIME
Seeking a Part Time Teacher for Multi-Disciplinary Specialists Team
Are you passionate about using your super skills with a team to make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of children, young people and their families?
Due to growth and new long-standing contracts several new allied health roles have been created.
We are building a new allied health team and adding to the wonderful established teams who work in support of the children and young people who have experienced trauma and neglect.
- Three to five days a week
- Would suit return to workforce or educator who has exited full time employment as a teacher
- More time seeing individuals – less time doing paperwork
- Provide assessment and brief solution interventions to young people who have become disconnected or are at risk of disconnecting from their education;
- Work as a team to provide holistic care planning with young people to make long term connections in the communities they live to follow through on education planning;
- We are willing to be creative in sourcing peer support.
To succeed you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications and registration as a Teacher;
- Thorough understanding of practical approaches to trauma informed care and application of therapeutic frameworks.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education, counselling services, disability services, a range of family support programs and intensive therapeutic care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
We are offering an opportunity for the right people to:
- Work for a strengths based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- We offer regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
- CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
- All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and successful applicants must provide a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
If you feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice, and you would like to learn more about this or any of our other great roles, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply simply email your CV and a letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience contribute to the requirements of the Teacher to the same address.
Applications will be assessed as they are received.