SUPPORTED PLAYGROUP LEADER
- Work close to home – Naremburn location
- Great team environment
- Part time position (3 days per week)
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
This role will provide effective, high quality early intervention to children and families through the provision of a supported playgroup.
- Facilitate playgroup sessions, plan activities, prepare material and create a safe environment
- Work with vulnerable children and families
- Work in a playgroup environment with children under the age of 5
- Provide professional and informed advice on parenting and child development.
Applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with or own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice are encouraged to apply.
The key requirements for this role are:
- Experience working in a playgroup or childcare setting.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Experience working with people from CALD background
- Highly developed communication and time management skills
- Client service focus, integrity and a commitment to teamwork
- Must hold valid Working with Children Check Clearance.
WORKING WITH CATHOLICCARE
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
Send your CV and letter outlining your suitability for the role to Michelle Comito firstname.lastname@example.org – phone 02 8425 8700
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.