STAYING HOME LEAVING VIOLENCE WORKER’S – 2x POSITIONS
We have 2 positions available:
- 1 x 35 hours per week over 5 days.
- 1 x 30.4 hours per week over 4 days. Preferably Tuesday – Friday, but this is negotiable for the right candidate.
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
Our Staying Home Leaving Violence (SHLV) program is a free service that gives women wanting to escape domestic or family violence a choice either to stay in their own homes or to leave safely. The position of the Staying Home Leaving Violence work is responsible for:
- Providing effective, flexible and high-quality case management and advocacy to clients of the SHLV service.
- Comply with all government and CatholicCare reporting requirements and program reviews.
- Actively engage and network with a complex range of external stakeholders.
- Work as part of a team to ensure a comprehensive and seamless service to clients.
We are looking for applicants with extensive experience in domestic violence specialist work; applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with our own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice.
Ideally you will possess a minimum Diploma level qualification in Community Services.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to in-house and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
All applications must include a current résumé together with a cover letter outlining why you would be a great addition to the CatholicCare team.
Please send to Kathy Godfrey – email@example.com (phone 4311 1612)
Closing Date: 5 October 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.