SAFEGUARDING OFFICER – Pennant Hills (Permanent Part Time) Monday, Thursday, Friday
Join our vibrant agency providing innovative social care services to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
Working as part of the CatholicCare Safeguarding Team, the role will be responsible for practices in Safeguarding and assist in; conducting allegations of abuse and neglect in line with the NSW Ombudsman Act 1974 and the responsibilities under the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission, develop and facilitate training and workshops to assist in building awareness and culture change, and support the administrative functions of the Safeguarding roles.
The key responsibilities for this role are: (Please refer to Position Description for full details of the responsibilities.
- Provide Advice and Support on Safeguarding to CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay Staff
- Provide advice to staff on Safeguarding principles, standards, and practice
- Support the implementation of Safeguarding principles and standards across the agency
- Assist in changing the agency culture and embedding new Safeguarding standards
- Support the Safeguarding Manager to ensure compliance to relevant legislation
- Provide investigation support for matters conducted by external or another CatholicCare investigator
- Assess incident reports for risk and determine if they have been appropriately escalated
- Organise and facilitate Safeguarding and Child Protection training to staff
- Prepare for relevant audit or monitoring by internal or external auditing agencies such as the NSW Ombudsman Office and the Office of the Children’s Guardian.
- Oversight incidents to determine if they meet the threshold for reporting to either the NSW Ombudsman or the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission including file closure and ensuring any systemic issues are provided to the Safeguarding Manager for further action.
- Provide administration support of conducting investigations including; arranging interviews, preparing correspondence, maintaining files, liaising with the NSW Ombudsman and the NDIS Safeguarding and Quality
- Undertake any other duties and projects as might reasonably be requested by the Safeguarding Manager or Executive Director and required from time to time.
The key requirements for this role include:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Criminology or extensive industry experience in Child Protection or Investigations
- Experience working in Child Protection or NDIS
- Commitment to a Safeguarding culture
- Experience with report writing
- Working With Children Check Clearance
- Valid NSW Drivers License
- Experience conducting investigations
- Experience of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission or the NSW Ombudsman Reportable Conduct scheme
- Experience implementing child safe principles into an organisation
- Sound knowledge of the recent Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse
To apply please download the position description from our website www.catholiccaredbb.org.au and follow the instructions to apply.
For further information phone Melinda Rixon on 02 9481 2698 or email Melinda.Rixon@catholiccaredbb.org.au
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.