SAFE HOMES INTEGRATED DOMESTIC AND FAMILY VIOLENCE
- Permanent full time roles x 4 (1 Identified Position)
- Located in Tuggerah on the Central Coast
- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
This is an opportunity to make a positive impact on one of the Central Coasts most pressing social issues, domestic and family related violence.
The Central Coast Family Centre offers Integrated Domestic and Family Violence services through its Safe Homes program, delivering therapeutic outcomes which aim to drive significant change in the area of domestic and family violence. The Safe Homes program is part of our integrated Family Centre model which also provides a range of community based social care programs including family and parenting services, counselling and mediation, relationship education, young parents homelessness program, emergency relief, hospital chaplaincy and Mary Macs place at Woy Woy
- Provide evidence based, effective, flexible and high quality case management and advocacy to clients of the service
- Contribute to program development and innovation to ensure on going responsiveness to the needs of the client base
- Comply with all government and CatholicCare reporting requirements and program reviews
- Actively engage and network with a complex range of external stakeholders
- Work as part of a team to ensure a comprehensive and seamless service to clients
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to maintain safety of all parties.
- Comprehensive experience in working in the field of Domestic Violence, working with complex clients and within the framework of Trauma Informed practice
- Understanding of domestic violence, its complexities and consequences, particularly as they affect women and children of Indigenous, CALD, disadvantaged communities, rural and remote communities, with or caring for a child with disabilities and older women and being sensitive to their needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the dynamics, complexities, legal and social welfare consequences of domestic violence
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice response to domestic violence including use of exclusion orders, ADVO/APVO applications, criminal prosecutions and related legal matters such as family law, care and protection
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Legal Aid NSW policies in relation to grants of legal aid for people in domestic violence matters
- Knowledge of current Child Protection, Crimes (Domestic and Personal Violence) Act 2007; Plain English ADVO and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of and an ability to work effectively with Police, Courts, WDVCAS and interpreter services
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Minimum Diploma in Community Services or equivalent, relevant experience in Domestic and Family Violence field
Please download the below position description and forward your curriculum vitae and response to the following section criteria to Kathleen Godfrey on Kathleen.Godfrey@dbb.org.au :
- Please describe what trauma informed, strength based case management looks like for all victims of domestic and family violence
- Please discuss the impacts of domestic and family violence on all members of the family, your understanding of D&FV on the Central Coast and any innovative ideas that you believe will help address these issues.
There are four (4) full time Case Worker roles available, and one (1) of these positions is an Identified Position and will primarily work in support of Aboriginal clients experiencing, or at risk of Domestic Violence. CatholicCare considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational requirement under Section 14 of the Anti- Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW), for this one (1) Identified Position. Please indicate if you are applying for this particular position.
For further information email Kathleen Godfrey, Kathleen.Godfrey@dbb.org.au or call (02) 4356 2670
Friday 29 September 2017
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.