Residential Disability Support Partner – Casual Role
- Casual Role – Woods Cottage – Disability Futures
- Opportunity to work in a professional and dedicated team
Come and work in our Woods Cottage Program providing effective, flexible, and high quality care and services to residents of Woods Cottage, providing 24 hour care within a structured residential setting for individuals with disability
About the role
As a Residential Disability Support Partner your key responsibilities would include:
- Work from a Person Centred Approach, promoting choice, wellbeing, and health of Woods Cottage residents
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of person centred plan objectives for Woods Cottage residents
- Interact positively and appropriately with residents, their families, and the community, demonstrating dignity and respect at all times whilst adhering to relevant agency and statutory requirements.
- Give timely and effective advice to the Coordinator Woods Cottage on the requirement for allocation of resources to ensure quality service delivery and viability is maintained
- Provide direct assistance and support to residents to access and participate in a diverse range of activities as directed to acquire and/or maintain personal skills and independence
- Ensure safety standards are maintained for self and others, and report all hazards, including incident reports should an incident occur whilst on duty.
- Ensure follow through on shift responsibilities including adherence to shift plans
- Support residents and their families to use the complaints process when necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records, evaluations, and reports as required
- Participate as a team member to develop, implement, and evaluate person centred plans as appropriate.
- Actively engage in staff meetings, staff development, and training sessions.
- Positively and actively, participate as a team member by contributing to team cohesion, collaborative teamwork, and communication.
- Adhere to CatholicCare Broken Bay policies and procedures that reflect the agency’s expectations, funding requirements and statutory requirements
The key requirements for this role are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing;
- Experience working with children and/or adults with a disability
- Current and valid Australian driver’s license
- Knowledge of Disability Service Standards, Disability Services Act (1993), and other relevant legislation
- Valid and current First Aid Certificate
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work with in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Competent use of computers, including word processing, Excel, e-mail, and internet operations
- Availability to work a twenty-four hour seven day per week rotating roster.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to the principles of the Disability Services Act
- Commitment to and understanding of person centred values and practices
- Experience in other relevant fields such as Education, Recreation, Social Welfare, or Health Sciences
- Variety of leisure pursuits and interests that could be utilised to provide different types of experiences for residents
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 and a National Criminal History Check.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Download the position description and address the selection criteria. All applications must include a current résumé together with a cover letter outlining why you would be a great addition to the CatholicCare team and send your application to Fiona Larin at email@example.com
For further information please contact Fiona Larin on 9416 3776, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 November 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.