PSYCHOLOGIST & COUNSELLOR ROLES – MDST
Seeking a Psychologist and Generalist Counsellor for Multi-Disciplinary Specialists Team
Are you passionate about using your super skills with a team to make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of children, young people and their families?
Due to growth and new long standing contracts several new allied health roles have been created.
We are building a new allied health team and adding to the wonderful established teams who work in support of the children and young people who have experienced trauma and neglect.
About the Team
The Multi-Disciplinary Specialists work as a broader team of allied health professionals, family therapists, health professionals and educators to provide assessment, treatment planning and short interventions for children and young people in the PSP program who have experienced abuse, trauma or neglect, helping them to meet their goals. They work with Therapeutic Specialists who lead and coach teams in therapeutic care and work closely with case managers, and community health stakeholders to ensure children and young people are connected to supports they need.
- Part time, job share, and full-time options available within allied health intervention and coaching roles;
- Part time counselling roles are also available and could be a job split between this role and pure counselling for the right candidate;
- More time seeing individuals – less time doing paperwork;
- Provide assessment and brief solution interventions to young people and families within the community;
- Work as a team to provide holistic care planning with young people to make long term connections in the communities they live to follow through on treatment plans and support needs;
- We provide peer mentoring, reflective practice and professional development opportunities.
To succeed you will need:
- For Counsellor role – Diploma minimum qualification in Social Work Mental Health, Counselling, family therapy, or Psychology;
- For Psychology role – Degree minimum with registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA;
- For both roles:
- 5 years’ relevant experience in working with high risk children and young people across your career;
- Thorough understanding of practical approaches to trauma informed care and application of therapeutic frameworks.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
What we can offer
We are offering an opportunity for the right people to:
Work for a strengths-based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and successful applicants must provide a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
If you feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice, and you would like to learn more about this or any of our other great roles, contact us at email@example.com
To apply simply email your CV and a letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience contribute to the requirements of the Psychologist & Counsellor to the same address.
Applications will be assessed as they are received.