PROGRAM OFFICER MARY MAC’S PLACE
- Woy Woy Location
- Fixed term full-time 6 month contract
- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
Mary Mac’s Place is a Community Kitchen owned by and an initiative of St John the Baptist Parish, Woy Woy, operated by CatholicCare, Diocese of Broken Bay, in collaboration with St John the Baptist Parish and other community partners. The position exists to oversee the day to day running of Mary Mac’s Place which operates during weekdays providing disadvantaged people with a meal, a place to shower and wash their clothes and support in terms of information and referral services.
- Oversee the running of a community kitchen that ensures the provision of a midday meal, food hampers, referral to support services and showering and laundry facilities to disadvantaged people.
- Support social interaction/inclusion for companions and volunteers using the service.
- Recruit, train, roster, supervise and manage volunteers.
- Take an active role in collaborating with the Woy Woy Parish Community and other services in the area.
We are looking for applicants with extensive experience as a program officer with the ability to lead a team effectively and experience in leading a volunteer workforce. Applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with our own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice.
Ideally you will be Diploma or Degree tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area such as Welfare, Social Work, Social Science, Health or related areas. You will also have:
- Food safety knowledge and experience and food supervisor certificate
- Ability to prioritise tasks and organise a work load
- Excellent and verbal and written communication skills including report writing
- We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
Please visit our website https://www.catholiccaredbb.org.au/about-us/careers for a full position description and follow the instructions to apply. All applications must include a current résumé together with a cover letter outlining why you would be a great addition to the CatholicCare team.
Closing Date: 6 July 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.