- Full time position
- Central Coast location
- Salary packaging options
Multi-Systemic Therapy for Child Abuse & Neglect (MST-CAN)
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is the selected provider of MST-CAN on the Central Coast.
MST is widely considered the gold standard for treatment of adolescent antisocial behavior and is utilised in the US, Europe, the UK, and NZ. MST-CAN is an adaptation of MST US model and is targeted to families who have recent risk of harm reports pertaining to ongoing child abuse and neglect.
About the role
We are currently offering a rare opportunity to be involved with this leading-edge program where you will develop highly sought-after skills in systemic assessment, comprehensive safety planning, CBT for anger management, behaviour management planning, evidence-based trauma treatment for children (TFCBT) and adults (PET), substance abuse treatment (reinforcement based treatment), functional analysis, strategic family therapy, parent training, and more.
Based on the Central Coast (1.5 hours north of Sydney) you will work closely with a team of 3 therapists, 1 crisis caseworker, a part time psychiatrist, and a clinical supervisor. The position is full time and will require rostered on call coverage.
Industry recognised ongoing professional training and development is provided in line with MST-CAN practices.
About the person
To be considered you will have:
- Working knowledge in CBT and Evidence Based Model therapy,
- Clinical practice experience,
- The ability to rigorously adhere to principles set by MST Services,
- Effective stakeholder management skills,
- The ability to work respectfully with Indigenous communities,
- Availability to provide periodic on-call 24-hour coverage.
- Experience in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy including trauma treatment, Structural Family Therapy, Strategic Family Therapy, and behaviourally-based treatments highly regarded.
A Master’s in Psychology or Social Work, completed or nearing completion is required.
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits where you can receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (permanent employees only).
- Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position
To find out more about CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay and the role of an MST-CAN Therapist visit our website www.catholiccaredbb.org.au.
To apply simply forward your CV and letter addressing the selection criteria above, to Guy Dobson at email@example.com or phone Guy on 0481 602 049 for a confidential
Closing date: 24 August 2018
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.