MANAGER INTENSIVE THERAPEUTIC CARE (ITC) – previously OOHC
- Management role leading a team of House Supervisors and Youth Workers
- Play a pivotal role in the implementation of the new residential model of Intensive Therapeutic Care (OOHC)
- Be a champion for the achievement of therapeutic outcomes for young people
- Based in central West Gosford location
- Enjoy great benefits, proactive self-care, salary packaging and a strong team environment
CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program (PSP) has started on a new and exciting journey implementing Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) services on the Central Coast and in Sydney’s northern suburbs to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect.
Intensive Therapeutic Care provides an alternative to long term residential care, focusing on recovery from trauma, the achievement of positive life outcomes and a broad range of placement options for children and young people.
A new leadership role has been created to help transition, establish and manage ITC services across the Diocese of Broken Bay.
The Manager ITC
Use your leadership capabilities; your confident, collaborative and positive approach to managing a team; your business acumen; and understanding of out of home care, residential models of care, ITC, permanency planning, trauma and attachment, and child protection and support to:
- Oversee the operational activities of the houses and staff and the implementation of the ITC model;
- Manage and lead the House Supervisors to practice excellence;
- Support and inspire the house teams to deliver positive outcomes for the children and young people in the program.
To succeed as Manager ITC you will need:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma – preference will be given if you have electives and additional training in developmental trauma, statutory child protection or, client intervention and case management;
- 5 years’ direct experience in working with high risk or vulnerable children and young people in an out of home care environment;
- 3 years’ experience successfully managing and leading teams and individuals using contemporary approaches;
- To be influential, inspirational and a great communicator.
You may be required to fill shifts in an emergency and to participate in after hours and on-call duties from time to time.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Please contact us directly for more information.
Working at CatholicCare
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a strength’s-based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (for permanent staff).
- CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
- All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and successful applicants must provide a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
- Strong youth engagement skills combined with high levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and sound understanding of professional boundaries are a must for all members of our team.
If you feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice, and you would like to learn more about this or any of our other great roles, contact us at email@example.com
To apply simply email your CV and a letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience contribute to the requirements of the Manager ITC to the same address.
Please apply early. Applications will be assessed as they are received