MANAGER CASEWORK – Permanency Support Program (OOHC)
Due to service expansion, we are growing our Permanency Support team and adding to the great roles already involved in the implementation of the new Intensive Therapeutic Care Model which supports the children and young people in our care.
- Newly created role
- Manage and lead a team of Case Managers
- Nurture high quality work to deliver accountable and collaborative outcomes
- Ensure environments and systems are in place which focus on young people
- Contribute as part of the PSP management team
- Share your expertise with like-minded professionals
- Base yourself in the West Gosford Hub
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of children and young people?
As the Manager Casework your role might include:
- Strengths-based solutions focussed staff leadership and management
- Quality and proactive case management and review, and continuous improvement
- Financial management, administration, client records and reporting
- Effective stakeholder engagement and collaboration
- Safeguarding and risk management
To succeed you will need:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma – preference will be given if you have electives and additional training in developmental trauma, statutory child protection or client interview and case management
- Minimum 4 years’ casework experience in out of home care and/or child protection
- At least 2 years’ experience successfully managing a team using contemporary approaches
- Sound experience in the management of budgets and care packages for vulnerable young people
- Thorough understanding of practical approaches to trauma informed care and application of therapeutic frameworks
- Knowledge or experience in Restoration, Preservation, Adoption and Guardianship
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Please contact us directly for more information.
WORKING AT CATHOLICCARE
We can offer you:
- An opportunity for the right people to work for a strength’s-based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
ABOUT THE PERMANENCY SUPPORT PROGRAM
CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program listens to the voices of young people in our care, recognises their uniqueness and tailors responses to their individual needs. We embrace evidence-based practice and deliver meaningful and innovative services. We build safe and engaged pathways through our broad suite of services and develop strong links to communities that support our young people beyond the bounds of Intensive Therapeutic Care (previously known as Out of Home Care). We identify opportunities for growth and implement changes so we continually improve, enhance and excel in our work.
- CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
- All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and successful applicants must provide a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
- Strong youth engagement skills combined with high levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and sound understanding of professional boundaries are a must for all members of our team.
- If you feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice, and you would like to learn more about this great role, contact us at email@example.com
- To apply simply email your CV and a letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience contribute to the requirements of the Manager Casework to the same address.
Applications will be assessed as they are received