INTENSIVE FAMILY SUPPORT CASEWORKER
- Join our dynamic multidisciplinary team
- Work with children and families utilising strengths
- SCHADS Level 5
- Waitara location
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
The Intensive Family Support Caseworker role seeks to minimise risk of harm and prevent children and young people from being placed in out of home care by working intensively with children, young people and families to support changes needed to address identified risk issues. You will be able to work effectively in a high pressure environment to support the development of parenting capacity and implementation of change in families referred from Community Services.
Based at the Waitara Family Centre within the Family and Youth Services team the incumbent will:
- Provide intensive case management for up to six families.
- Conduct assessments and intervention to address child protection needs.
- Work in partnership with Family and Community Services child protection services.
- Manage the administration and compliance tasks effectively.
The essential requirements for this role include:
- Degree in Social Work Eligible for Australian Association of Social Workers membership or
- 4 year Honours Degree in Psychology or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience working and engaging with children, young people and their families;
- Have experience in child protection work and knowledge of guidelines;
- Demonstrated experience in effective case management with families including the following:
- Holistic, consultative and collaborative approach
- Assessing and identifying needs
- Developing and implementing case plans
- Conducting regular case reviews
- Professional documentation and file maintenance.
- Knowledge of housing issues, domestic violence, child protection, child development (0-14 years) and custody issues;
- Sound knowledge of the needs of vulnerable families;
- The ability to work therapeutically to a variety of client populations;
- Experience in group work and parent education;
- Highly developed communication and time management skills;
- Experience working cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence.
To apply please download the position description from our website www.catholiccaredbb.org.au and follow the instructions to apply. For further information phone Saretta Sirett on 02 9488 2400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15 May 2018
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly
policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.