INTAKE & REFERRAL WORKER STAYING HOME LEAVING VIOLENCE & SAFE HOMES IDFV
- Tuggerah location
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part time 1 year contract
What you do makes a difference!
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
CatholicCare provides flexible trauma informed intake, assessment, triage and referral services for the Staying Home Leaving Violence Program (SHLV) and Safe Homes Integrated Domestic and Family Violence Services (IDFV) in a holistic wrap around manner to meet the needs of the clients.
We are looking for a part-time employee on a fixed term contract for 1 year with experience in providing effective, flexible, high quality trauma informed assessment and management of services to individuals and families that access SHLV and IDFV program along with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with our own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice.
Essential to this role is demonstrated experience in the triage and referral of clients along with effective case management of families. You will also have:
- The ability to work collaboratively with local community networks and liaise successfully with a range of organisations and individuals;
- Sound knowledge of housing issues, domestic violence, child protection guidelines, child development and financial hardship;
- Sound knowledge of domestic violence, ADVO’s and domestic violence laws and family law;
- Demonstrated experience working and engaging clients in a trauma informed way;
- Knowledge of the local services and referral pathways across the relevant LGA’s;
- Current NSW driver’s licence;
- Competent computer skills.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
To apply please review the position description below and forward your CV and letter outlining your suitability for the role to Kathy Godfrey at Kathleen.email@example.com or phone 02 4322 2612 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Friday 16 March 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.