HOUSE SUPERVISORS – ITC and ITTC (previously OOHC)
- Join us at CatholicCare!
- Be part of the implementation of the new model of Intensive Therapeutic Care (OOHC)
- Multiple House Supervisor roles available – Intensive Therapeutic Care Houses and Intensive Therapeutic Transitional Care
- Locations on the Central Coast and in Sydney’s Northern Suburbs
- Enjoy great benefits, proactive self-care, salary packaging and a strong team environment
CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program (PSP) has started on a new and exciting journey implementing Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) services on the Central Coast and in Sydney’s northern suburbs to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect.
Intensive Therapeutic Care provides an alternative to the long term residential model of care, focusing on recovery from trauma, the achievement of positive life outcomes and a broad range of placement options for children and young people.
One of the ITC services that CatholicCare will be offering as part of the new contract is Intensive Therapeutic Transitional Care (ITTC). ITTC is an initial period of up to 13 weeks during which time children and young people are provided with intensive therapeutic care and clinical assessment to identify their individual needs and help them to move into less intensive types of care.
Additional House Supervisor roles have been created in the team to help transition current services to the new ITC model and to establish and manage ITC and ITTC services in the Diocese of Broken Bay.
The ITC House Supervisor
In this pivotal role, and with the support and direction of the Manager ITC, you will be guided by the principles of permanency support and intensive therapeutic care and use your energy and practical leadership approach to:
- Manage the operations of the house and the team of Youth Workers working with you;
- Provide mentoring and support to your team, ensuring they have the right tools to create positive change;
- Work closely with your team and the broader care team to provide individual support to children and young people;
- Be responsible for rostering, house budgets and accounts, safeguarding, risk and WHS, and overseeing reporting and documentation;
- Develop a collaborative and accountable team through your focus on strengths-based solutions-focused supervision, reflective practice, self-care, performance and achievement of outcomes.
In addition to the above, the ITTC House Supervisor works autonomously with a small and dedicated team of Youth Workers and allied health professionals, providing a period of intensive therapeutic care and assessment for up to 13 weeks to identify the individual needs of young people in line with the principles of Intensive Therapeutic Care and help them move into less intensive types of care.
To succeed in these roles you will need:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma, OR
- Relevant Diploma and Graduate Certificate or significant training in Developmental Trauma, Statutory Child Protection, or Client Intervention and Case Management.
- Demonstrated experience in working with high risk or vulnerable children and young people in an out of home care environment;
- Strong background in leading a small team using contemporary approaches;
- Experience in effective staff recruitment and management.
As a House Supervisor you may work across any of our locations on the Central Coast and in Northern Sydney. Flexibility to be rostered to work as part of the house roster, to work after hours and at weekends and to undertake on-call duties is required for these roles.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Please contact us directly for more information.
Working at CatholicCare
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a strength’s-based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (for permanent staff).
- CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
- All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and successful applicants must provide a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
- Strong youth engagement skills combined with high levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and sound understanding of professional boundaries are a must for all members of our team.
If you feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice, and you would like to learn more about this or any of our other great roles, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply simply email your CV and a letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience contribute to the requirements of the ITC House Supervisor or ITTC House Supervisor to the same address. Please indicate if you are interested in one or both roles.
Please apply early. Applications will be assessed as they are received.