HOMELESSNESS SUPPORT WORKER (YOUNG PARENTS)
- Full time role
- Tuggerah location
- 12 month contract
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
Our Central Coast Family Centre delivers a range of programs including Family and Youth Support, Counselling, Disabilities, Staying Home Leaving Violence and Homeless Young Parent Assistance. We are seeking a motivated Homeless Young Parent Support Worker based at the Central Coast Family Centre located in Tuggerah. Responsibilities include:
- Providing high quality case management support and re-housing to homeless young parent, and post crisis families;
- Intake and review of potential clients;
- Inspection of potential sites for housing as well as site maintenance;
- Working with external stakeholders such as real estate agents/other housing providers, government agencies or other service providers;
- Inputting / managing data on the CIMS and SHOR portal;
- Record and file keeping in accordance with principles of confidentiality;
- Maintain accurate statistics and meet internal and external reporting.
We are looking for applicants with extensive experience in engaging with vulnerable young adults and their families, working in partnership with external stakeholders including government and non-government agencies; applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with our own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice.
The key requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area eg. Community, Social Work, Behavioural Science or related discipline or equivalent industry experience;
- Demonstrated experience in effective case management with families;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of rapid re housing / homelessness services highly regarded;
- Must hold valid Working with Children Check Clearance.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to in-house and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Please visit our website https://www.catholiccaredbb.org.au/about-us/careers for a full position description and follow the instructions to apply. All applications must include a current résumé together with a cover letter outlining why you would be a great addition to the CatholicCare team. For further information please contact Catherine Pantehis 4356 2600.
Closing Date: 1 June 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.