HOMELESSNESS SUPPORT WORKER (MEN’S)
- Waitara location
- Full time position
- Attractive salary packaging options
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
This position exists to provide quality case management, case coordination, support, and information to homeless men or men at risk of being homeless in the Hornsby/ Ku–ring–gai and Ryde/Hunters Hill Local Government areas. Key responsibilities are:
- Engaging with individuals and undertaking strength based assessment in collaboration with the individual;
- Assessing suitability for other CatholicCare programs and services, and making referrals to external services where appropriate;
- Identifying individual housing needs in collaboration with clients and agreeing on goals for housing and other support;
- Providing ongoing case management and case coordination services to clients that focuses on responding to the needs of clients.
We are looking for applicants with extensive experience in providing case management services, working with men who have become homeless through issues such as family breakdown, financial disadvantage or health related issues; applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with our own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice.
Essential to this role is experience in assisting men who have become homeless. Ideally you will hold tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Science, Welfare, Psychology or relevant industry experience. You will also have:
- Demonstrated and detailed knowledge of and experience working with housing issues, and an understanding of the needs of homeless people, particularly homeless men;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals in a case management process, undertaking assessments, developing and reviewing case plans, and providing strength based support to assist individuals;
- Counselling experience/skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing;
- Demonstrated networking ability with government departments and not for profit agencies;
- Demonstrated assessment & advocacy skills.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
WORKING WITH CATHOLICCARE
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
Send your CV and letter outlining your suitability for the role to Patricia Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org – phone 02 9488 2551.
Closing Date: 23 May 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.