GROUPS & PROJECT WORKER
• 6 month contract
• Naremburn & Northern Beaches locations
• Part time
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
The position exists to provide effective, flexible, high quality early intervention and generalist support services to families with children and young people. This role will facilitate groups and participate in project work to help develop the Family and Youth Services. The position holder will work cooperatively with the Family and Youth Services Team across the North Shore and Northern Beaches region and with other CatholicCare programs.
- Conduct assessments of families and young people accessing Family and Youth Services;
- Facilitate, plan and promote high quality group work programs for parents, children and youth;
- Provide professional and informed advice and information to clients on matters such as budgeting and finance, health and social well-being, legal issues, employment and education, parenting etc;
- Work collaboratively with local community networks and liaise successfully with a range of organisations and individuals;
- Maintain accurate statistics and meet internal and external reporting requirements;
- Attend Supported Playgroup as a Family Support Worker to provide advice, information, and referrals to clients;
- Conduct research on areas as directed by the Coordinator and Family and Youth Services team.
- Leadership – individuals taking responsibility for their performance with integrity and diligence;
- Teamwork – the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team;
- Oral and written communication skills – the ability to express oneself clearly in business writing and in conversations and interactions with others;
- Relationship building – the ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and/or outside the organization;
- Client focus – commitment to supporting the excellence in CatholicCare programs and interventions, enabling all CatholicCare clients to achieve their goals and potential;
- Demonstrated experience working and engaging with children, young people and their families;
- Demonstrated experience in effective case management with families.
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., social work, social science, welfare, psychology, health, education or related discipline.
To apply please download the position description from our website www.catholiccaredbb.org.au and follow the instructions to apply. Send your CV and letter outlining your suitability for the role to Michelle Comito email@example.com – phone 02 8425 6700
Closing Date: Friday 22 December 2017.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.