- Sydney – Northern Beaches location at Brookvale
- Work within a supportive team providing financial counselling to vulnerable individuals and families
- Attractive salary packaging that provides above award options
- Part time – 3 days per week
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
The Financial Counselling team provides face-to-face financial counselling to people in financial difficulties who may be struggling to pay bills and debts.
- Assisting people with credit and debt issues and alleviation of financial over-commitment;
- Identifying and explaining to clients’ possible options to address their financial situation;
- Advocating and negotiating with creditors on clients’ behalf on issues related to the clients inability to pay bills and debts;
- Providing information on credit laws, the debt recovery process, bankruptcy etc.;
- Providing community education to groups on how to successfully manage their financial affairs.
- Accredited membership of the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (or working towards accreditation);
- Teamwork – the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team;
- Oral and written communication skills – the ability to express oneself clearly in business writing and in conversations and interactions with others;
- Good level of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to use a database for client record keeping purposes;
- Client service focus, integrity and a commitment to teamwork.
- Diploma of Financial Counselling, or Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling), or working towards obtaining the Diploma.
- Current, valid Drivers Licence
To apply please download the position description from our website www.catholiccaredbb.org.au and follow the instructions to apply. Then send your CV and letter outlining your suitability for the role to Martin Derby at email@example.com or phone 02 8425 8700 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: 3 August 2018
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.