- Part time position, 2 days per week
- Waitara Location
- Salary packaging benefits
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
The position holder will work with families in the Hornsby and Mt Kuringai areas with moderate needs and risk issues and facilitate groups work across the Northern Sydney area.
- Conduct thorough assessments of families and young people to ensure the child’s and family’s needs are addressed
- Provide informed advice and information assessing suitability for internal services, and making referrals to other services where appropriate
- Focus on case management and case coordination services to families that enhances the effective support provided to children and young people
We are looking for applicants with extensive experience in providing direct support services to individuals, families and children with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with our own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice.
Essential to this role are case management skills, being able to observe, assess, formulate and review case plans with families. Ideally you will be tertiary qualified in an appropriate area such as Social Work, Social Science, Welfare, Psychology and or Child Development/Education. You will also have:
- Thorough knowledge of the potential impact of trauma and disadvantage on children
- Sound knowledge of the needs of vulnerable families and effective strategies that bring change
- Demonstrated ability to provide strength based support to assist families and children
- Knowledge of housing, domestic violence, child protection, child/youth development and custody issues, mental health (non clinical) and working with fathers.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Saretta Sirett email@example.com or phone Saretta on 02 9488 2472 for further information.
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
Please note that this position is currently advertised internally and applications will be assessed as they are received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.