FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
- Full time positon
- Contract role (12 months)
- Work close to home, Northern Beaches /Naremburn location
Join our vibrant faith based agency providing innovative social care services to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
Our Northern Beaches Centre delivers a range of programs including Family and Youth Support, Counselling, Financial Counselling and Family Dispute Resolution to families, children and individuals on the Lower North Shore and Northern Beaches. We are now seeking a full time Family Support Worker for our Northern Beaches team.
- Conduct assessments of families and young people accessing Family and Youth Services
- Provide professional and informed advice to clients on matters such as budgeting and finance, health and social well-being, legal issues, employment and education and parenting
- Provide high quality group work as required
- Appropriately record and keep files in accordance with principles of confidentiality
- Maintain accurate statistics and meet internal and external reporting
- Demonstrated experience working and engaging with children, young people and their families
- Demonstrated experience in effective case management with families
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Client service focus, integrity and a commitment to teamwork
- Must hold valid Working with Children Check Clearance
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area eg. Community, Social Work, Behavioural Science or related discipline
To apply please download the position description below and outline the essential criteria for the role in your cover letter. For further information phone Nicci Rowe on (02) 8425 8700.
Tuesday 1 December 2017
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.