DIPLOMA QUALIFIED CHILD CARE EDUCATOR
- Commencing January 2018
- Located at Terrigal Early Learning Centre on site at Our Lady Star of the Sea Primary School
- Must hold Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent)
- 2 days per week (Monday/Tuesday) Maternity leave cover up to 11 months
CatholicCare’s Early Learning Centre based on site at Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School is a community centred early learning environment. We are currently looking for a part time Diploma Educator to cover a maternity leave contract commencing in Term 1 2018 for up to 11 months.
- Planning, programming and evaluating for both individual and groups of children within the context of a play based learning environment.
- Documenting children’s learning and maintaining children’s records.
- Providing a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment for children.
- Working effectively with colleagues and contributing to a cohesive team environment.
- Building strong and effective relationships with children and their families.
- Previous experience working in Children’s Services.
- High level of understanding and demonstrated experience in regards to the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards.
- Ability to record and document children’s learning that reflects current pedagogical thinking and practices.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build respectful relationships with fellow educators, families, children and other professionals.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent).
- Current First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Current Working with Children Clearance.
Note this is a term time only contract, or alternatively the incumbent may wish to work school holidays in our vacation care services.
To apply please view the PD on our website and email your CV to email@example.com or call Bronwyn on 02 4365 3222.
Closing Date: Monday 11 December 2017
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, 13th December 2017.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.