COORDINATOR, OUTSIDE SCHOOL HOURS CARE
- Contract role – up to 12 months parental leave cover
- Before and after school care and vacation care
- Based at St Patricks Catholic School East Gosford
- Experienced & well established team
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
We are seeking a motivated leader who is committed to working within high quality care and education environments, fosters strong team work and has experience in working with school age children.
Outside School Hours Care is a career which is both rewarding and fun with the opportunity to work in a creative way with school age children. CatholicCare is an experienced and rapidly growing provider of high quality before and after school, and vacation care. Our East Gosford Outside School Hours Care requires a Coordinator to cover a parental leave absence for a maximum of 12 months
The Coordinator works 38 hours per week, from 6.30-9.06am and 1.30-6.30pm this includes administration hours which will be conducted outside of face to face hours with the children. 38 hours per week will be worked during vacation care with start and finish times rostered in advance with your Supervisor. This role will be the Nominated Supervisor for the service and therefore will need to satisfy regulatory requirements to fulfil this responsibility, and be willing to accept this responsibility if offered the role.
- Develop and implement programs for children aged 5 – 12 years in Before School Care and After School Care and Vacation Care
- Provide leadership and direction to staff
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and legal/regulatory frameworks are adhered to
- Build relationships with children, their families and school executive and staff
- Carry out administration requirements of the service
- Oversee the implementation of and adherence to relevant law, regulations and National Quality Framework including ‘My Time Our Place’
- Experience in managing and developing a team
- An innovative, motivated and passionate approach to creating quality education and care settings for children aged 5-12
- Understanding of the National Law & Regulations, National Quality Framework including ‘My Time Our Place‘ framework
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to build sound networks in the school and community
- Ability to manage budgets and sound administration skills.
- Preferably Diploma Qualifications in Outside School Hours Care (or equivalent Child Care Qualifications) or significant experience.
Please download the position description below and send the following information to John Byrne at email@example.com
Your CV which details your full qualifications and experience (paid and unpaid positions) together with a cover letter which specifically addresses the following criteria:
- Previous experience managing a team in child care environment
- Previous experience working with young/school age children
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building with schools, families and other stakeholders
- Experience in program development for school age kids
- Diploma in Outside School Hours Care (or equivalent) or significant experience
- Knowledge of ‘My Time Our Place’, National Regulations, National Quality Framework
- Current First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis and Working with Children Clearance
- “Identify & Respond to Children and Young People at Risk” training (or willing to obtain)
For further information email John Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call John on 0481 602 084.
Friday 17 November 2017
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.