CLIENTS AND GROUPS INTAKE WORKER
- Naremburn & Northern Beaches locations
- Contract until the end of December with the possibility of extension
- Part time position
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
The position exists to provide effective, flexible, high quality management of the intake process for the Family & Youth Support Team. This position will hold clients for short periods of time until they are allocated to caseworkers for more in depth support. The position will also coordinate the registration process for all groups run out of the team. The position holder will work cooperatively with the Family and Youth Services Team across the North Shore and Northern Beaches region and with other CatholicCare programs.
- Conduct assessments of families and young people accessing Family and Youth Services
- Manage the intake process and data
- Provide professional and informed advice and information to clients on matters such as budgeting and finance, health and social well-being, legal issues, employment and education, parenting etc
- Coordinate the registration process for all groups run within the Family and Youth Support Service
- Participate in the review of the programs performance.
Applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with or own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice are encouraged to apply.
The key requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g. social work, social science, welfare, psychology, health, education or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience working and engaging with children, young people and their families
- Knowledge of housing issues, domestic violence, child protection, child development and custody issues
- Sound knowledge of the needs of vulnerable families
- The ability to work therapeutically to a variety of client populations
- Experience liaising with several stakeholders at a time
- Strong administration skills and competent computer skills
- Highly developed communication and time management skills
- Experience working cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Current NSW driver’s license
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to in-house and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Please send your resume along with your covering letter to Michelle Comito firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please phone Michelle on 8425 8700.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.