CLIENTS AND GROUPS INTAKE WORKER
- Naremburn and Northern Beaches
- Contract until the end of December 2019
- Part time position
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
The position exists to provide effective, flexible, high quality management of the intake process for the Family & Youth Support Team.
- Conduct assessments of families and young people accessing Family and Youth Services
- Manage the intake process and data
- Provide professional and informed advice and information to clients on matters such as parenting, health and social well-being, employment and education, budgeting and finance, and legal issues.
- Coordinate the registration process for all groups run within the Family and Youth Support Service
- Participate in the review of the programs performance.
Applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with or own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice are encouraged to apply.
The key requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g. social work, social science, welfare, psychology, health, education or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience working and engaging with children, young people and their families
- Knowledge of child protection, domestic violence, housing issues, child development and custody issues
- Sound knowledge of the needs of vulnerable families
- The ability to work therapeutically to a variety of client populations
- Experience liaising with several stakeholders at a time
- Strong administration skills and competent computer skills
- Highly developed communication and time management skills
- Experience working cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Current NSW driver’s license
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to in-house and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
All applications must include a current résumé together with a cover letter outlining why you would be a great addition to the CatholicCare team.
Please send your resume along with your covering letter to Michelle Comito firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please phone Michelle on 8425 8700.
Closing Date: 5 October 2018
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.