CHILD TRAUMA THERAPIST
- Central Coast Location
- Part-time 3 days per week (with a possibility of combining this role with another to create a full-time position for the right candidate)
- Salary packaging options
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
The position exists to provide high quality complex trauma therapy to children who have experienced domestic and family violence and or intergenerational violence and groups.
- Counselling intake, screening suitability for counselling and making appropriate referrals to other services.
- Deliver age appropriate expressive therapies like sand, play and art
- Facilitating high quality group work programs including Seasons for Growth
- Implementing theoretical and therapeutic frameworks appropriate for the needs of the clients.
We are looking for applicants with extensive experience in counselling, working with children who have experienced domestic and family violence; applicants with the desire to effect positive change and whose personal values align with our own: Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice.
Ideally you will be tertiary qualified in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology. You will also have:
- Post graduate study in an area relevant to counselling
- Experience in expressive therapies with children
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in therapeutic frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge experience in complex trauma
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
To apply please download the position description from our website www.catholiccaredbb.org.au and follow the instructions to apply. Send your CV and letter outlining your suitability for the role to Kim McIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 4356 2600 for a confidential discussion.
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.