DIPLOMA QUALIFIED CHILD CARE WORKER
- Part time role – Thursday &Friday 8 hours per day
- 12 month contract
- Located at Waitara Early Learning & Care Centre
- Must hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Education & Care (or equivalent)
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay operates a growing Children’s Services business comprising Preschools, Long Day Care, Outside School Hours Care and Family Day Care with services spanning from Lake Munmorah to Waitara, and out to Sydney’s Northern Beaches. This role is based at Waitara in our Early Learning and Care Centre, recently rated “Exceeding” in the assessment and rating process. The centre is within walking distance of Waitara station.
The Diploma Qualified Child Care Worker is responsible for:
- Planning, programming and evaluating for both individual and groups of children within the context of a play based learning environment.
- Documenting children’s learning and maintaining children’s records.
- Providing a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment for children.
- Working effectively with colleagues and contributing to a cohesive team environment.
- Building strong and effective relationships with children and their families.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Previous experience working in Children’s Services.
- High level of understanding and demonstrated experience in regards to the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards.
- Ability to record and document children’s learning that reflects current pedagogical thinking and practices.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build respectful relationships with fellow educators, families, children and other professionals.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent).
- Current First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Current Working with Children Clearance.
To apply for this position please download the position description. For further information or to apply, email Simone Weingaertner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simone on (02) 9488 2424
Closing Date: Friday 6 April 2018