Area Coordinator – Outside School Hours Care (Northern Beaches Location)
- Based in Pennant Hills (Head Office) – involving travel to our services in the Northern Beaches
- Drive and inspire high quality teams in OSHC services
- Salary packaging benefits
We are looking for an Area Coordinator to oversee our Northern Beaches services. This role will report to the General Manager Disability and Children’s Services, and leads a team of Coordinators to deliver high quality and innovative care to school age children in our Outside School Hours Care services.
The role is based in our Pennant Hills Head Office and will involve travel to our services in the Northern Beaches.
- Lead, manage, inspire and develop teams within each service
- Drive compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations, as well as CatholicCare policies and procedures
- Be responsible for the sound financial performance of the services
- Embed effective working relationships with school principals and staff at each site
- Foster sound relationships with children, their families and within the local community
- Ensure programming meets the National Quality Framework requirements and is in line with the National Quality Standards
- Innovate, grow and enhance the services to meet the changing needs of the Early Childhood sector and the community
- Strong staff leadership and management experience
- Experience in managing childcare related services
- Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Significant Harm
- Sound experience working in children’s services (pre-school or long day care environments)
- Current Working with Children Clearance, First Aid, CPR, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Identify and Respond
- Knowledge of Child Care Management Systems (StarCare, Hubworks, QikKids etc)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation, Education and Care National Regulations, National Quality Framework and Industry Standards.
- Budget and financial management skills
- Current valid drivers licence and own vehicle
- Strong computer literacy
- Skills in effective time management, prioritisation and problem solving
- Qualifications in Children’s Services (Early Childhood Teaching Degree or equivalent)
Please include a copy of your cover letter along with your resume to Kirstie.Chambers@catholiccaredbb.org.au. Please ensure you reference the Area Coordinator – Northern Beaches in the subject line for reference.
Please ensure you review the position description prior to applying. If you have any questions please email Kirstie.
Closing Date: 12 August 2018
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.