Area Coordinator – Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) Coordinator
- Part-Time Position (0.6FTE), Level 6 SCHADS Award
- Central Coast or Hornsby location with regular travel between the Diocese of Broken Bay region
- Excellent Salary Packaging Options
- Contract role till 30/07/2020 with possibility of extension dependent on future funding
- Potential for increase in days dependent on business growth
Do you wish you could get a part time management role based at Central Coast or Hornsby? Want something that fits in school hours? Are you highly organised and a great manager of staff? Do you know about aged care options and programs? If this is you or you know someone that would fit this description, please contact CatholicCare ASAP. We have a highly sort after role available immediately.
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
CatholicCare is currently looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Area Coordinator – CHSP who is able to work autonomously, responsible for managing their workload and those of a small team on a day-to-day basis and delivering on agreed KPIs. Your strong case management skills will be used to deliver high quality care to your aged care clients ensuring that their physical, mental and social needs are being met through excellent care planning, assessment and service coordination. Your staff are well supported, deliver great services and feel valued.
As the Area Coordinator – CHSP your key responsibilities would include:
- Align with Organisational Objectives (Clients, Process, Policies & Procedures)
- Advocacy and promotion of the Commonwealth Home Support Program aligning with the organisations mission and strategic goals
- Achieve Results which needs to be measurable in the areas of Client work, Finances & Process
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all internal and external stakeholders including clients, families, employees of the organisation and funding bodies
- Demonstrate continuous and quality improvements
- Show personal drive and integrity
- Participate in feedback and development system for self and staff
- Continuously work within the framework of Safeguarding and Risk management
- Reflect and work positively within CatholicCare’s Mission and Core Values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice through every communication and action
The key requirements for this role and to be considered for this position you must respond to the following criteria:
- A relevant Certificate IV or other equivalent or higher qualification and a minimum of four years relevant industry experience; or a degree in a relevant qualification such as health, human services, education and a minimum of two years aged care industry experience
- Experience assisting and supporting clients in a range of activities including working with older people, people with a disability.
- Previous relevant experience working with culturally diverse clients
- Excellent planning, organising and problem-solving skills working within the agreed business process framework for the role
- Staff management experience
- Proven ability to work independently, unsupervised and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliability and honesty
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Learning orientation – willingness and ability to participate in ongoing training
- A high degree of computer competency with a range of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible and positive attitude to working within a dynamic and constantly evolving work environment
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the specific needs of clients
- Knowledge of data management system Department of Social Services (DSS) Data exchange.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and drive change
- Working knowledge and experience of audit under Home Care Common Standards
Closing Date: Apply ASAP – no closing date – applications will be viewed as they come in.
To apply please download the position description from our website www.catholiccaredbb.org.au. Send your CV and Cover letter addressing the selection criteria and outlining your suitability for the role, in line with the requirements of the PD to Delia Gray at Delia.Gray@catholiccaredbb.org.au or phone 0481 602 040 for a confidential discussion.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 and a National Criminal History Check.