ACTIVITY SUPPORT PARTNER
- Casual positions available
- Facilitate the delivery of programs for our clients
- Waitara location
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children’s services, education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
Through dedicated disability hubs, community and home-based locations across northern Sydney and the Central Coast, CatholicCare provides a comprehensive range of individual and group programs for those with disability.
We currently assist more than 400 people with disability, with a particular focus on those with intellectual disability requiring physical support.
We offer both tailored individual programs and a range of flexible group programs designed for young people (6 – 18 years of age) and adults (19 – 65 years of age).
As an Activity Support Partner your key responsibilities would include:
- Interacting positively with participants, families, carers and other key stakeholders at all times
- Undertaking all required aspects of participants’ personal care
- Making decisions using sound judgement and problem solving skills to advocate for the participant
- Accompanying participants on any required excursions events or outings
- Implementing and providing feedback on the participant’s Person Centred Plan
- Providing a safe environment for participants
- Ensuring service provision complies with Disability Service Standards, Disability Inclusion Act and Community Care Common Standards.
- Experience working with children or adults with a disability
- Knowledge of Person Centred Approach principles
- Knowledge of and ability to work within NDIS standards
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A current, valid, Australian driver’s licence
- Strong customer service and the ability to build rapport and positive relationships
- A current Working with Children Clearance check and satisfactory National Police Criminal History Check
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and competent use of computers
- A certificate III or above in Disability Services or related discipline would be an advantage.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
To apply please download the position description from our website www.catholiccaredbb.org.au. Send your CV and letter outlining your suitability for the role, in line with the requirements of the PD to Julian Baez Avellaneda at email@example.com or phone 02 94812672 for a confidential discussion.
Please note that there are a number of positions available and suitable applicants may be interviewed once their application has been received.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.